Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Philip the Blogger



Ever since I began this blog, I have tried to be sensitive to what Philip would allow me to talk about.  He knows I have a blog about him, but I haven’t always told him specifically what I was writing about.  I decided today that from now on I would discuss the blog with him and make sure everything I write is ok’d by him.  Eventually I would like this to be Philip’s blog as he is the expert on himself, but for now we will settle on being blogging partners. 
   
Today I gave Philip a little overview on blogs and explained how it is like a journal so we can look back and see the progress that has been made.  I also explained how it is good for others to see it because it glorifies God to see His answers to prayer and hopefully we can help other families find a way to communicate with their children.  I asked Philip what he thought of the blog.  (Philip often has a unique way of saying things.)  This is what Philip spelled: “IT WOULD EYE YOU TO YOUR WORK WITH SOMEONE WITH AUTISM. “  In response to glorifying God, he spelled that it would help people “SEE THE THINGS HE HAS DONE ANY DAY TO SHOW HOW GREAT HE IS.”  I then asked if he wanted to blog himself.  He spelled “Y (for yes)- I AM AN AUTISTIC.  TELL THE STORY OF MINE.”

I will leave you with 2 stories Philip gave me permission to share.  This first one was based on a picture we found on a catalog that looks a lot like Philip’s brother Carlos.  Interestingly enough, Carlos learned how to surf in North Carolina and is pretty good at it too!  The second story (in photos) was the first story Philip ever wrote.  He wrote it with Soma last May after a lesson on a Greek myth.  Soma illustrated the story in response to Philip’s spelled request, “DRAW IT.”  Soma is quite the artist and a good sport!

SURFER

ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A SURFER.

THE SURFER’S NAME WAS CARLOS.

HE WAS THE STRONGEST SURFER YET SHY.

ONE DAY HE RODE A TIDAL WAVE.

HE LASTED AN HOUR.

HE RODE TO SHORE.

THE END.
8/17/13




No comments:

Post a Comment