Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Blessings

By Philip

There are a lot of blessings in autism.  I am hoping in God easily.  Questions and answers about life concern me greatly.  Today I thought about each person the earth has.  You cannot appreciate each one but God can.  He created each person with a purpose to do good works.  I am questioned about my worth because I cannot function by myself.  I need someone always checking on me.  I even need a person to help me talk.  It is frustrating but it is no worse than living poor or each day not having my health.  Challenges are a part of life.  They touch our plot in life to be a part of God's overall plan.  Many people don't understand the ease of believing in God as an Autistic like me.  I have pondered God ever since I was little.  I understand what it is like to depend on God because I am each day dependent on others. I care to teach the world about autism as one who is experiencing it.  I have a very important task to say we non-verbal people are thinking, not dumb.  We are headed to bright futures if given a chance.  No human is without dignity.  Each person is made in God's image and is deserving of respect and attachment to his Creator.  I am a servant of God to do His will that will bear hope to non-verbal Autistics and their families. Attachment to God is my greatest blessing. 


Philip has been enjoying a lot of "normal" Halloween activities this year.  He participated in his school's Fall Fun Night, went trick or treating, and went to a class Halloween party.  




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful Phillip!! The world is a better place with you in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments! I read them to Philip and it is such an encouragement for him to keep writing. -Lisa

      Delete
  2. You inspire and challenge me, Philip. Your thoughts are beautiful and mature, thank you for sharing them with the rest of us. Sarah Russo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. He is blessed to have you as a Sunday school teacher to learn the beautiful truths of God.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phillip, you are an inspiration to teach my son RPM. He is verbal but not yet conversational. He often does not use words as clearly as he understands. I shared your message with my friends. It is one everyone must hear! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Philip and Lisa! I am super excited to read your blog! I am mom to a wonderful 3 year old with Autism and living in Ghana.Your blog has gotten me really excited about RPM!! We have Lenae Crandall coming to Ghana to do RPM with a few families. May I please ask that we share this post on our Facebook page ( Autism Action Ghana ) to encourage parents to consider RPM?

    Thanks and God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks so much for commenting! I love knowing we have readers in Ghana and am so excited RPM will be taught there too! It is truly a blessing. Please do share our blog on your Facebook page. We are honored to be able to help and encourage others. God bless you!

      Delete