Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Inclusion

Philip participating in the Stockade Pinewood Derby at church

Last month, a friend Philip met in the blogging world asked him his take on a question she had on a homework assignment.  Here was the question:

To what extent do you agree or disagree with integrating disabled people into our everyday life?

Philip’s answer:


I think it is so important to include every person in everyday life. Mean people want people like me to go away and not bother them. I am pleading with people to realize that autistics like me need support to join in. We desire to be part of normal life but people need to help us. Outside we appear mentally challenged. But we know our inner thoughts. We have dreams and goals. We have pain and suffering and fears. Many times people think not speaking means not thinking or feeling. When we are listened to and given accommodations to be heard, we can be included more as equals. I hope we will someday achieve full inclusion in society.  Life is better peacefully living with everyone in harmony and understanding.

Philip and sister Lia showing off their cars and trophies



2 comments:

  1. Philp brightens my day each time I read his posts. Sending cyber-hugs for your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the most intelligent and insightful people I've ever met. I wish more people would realize what you stated above: that we are human with hopes, dreams, and passions.

    ReplyDelete