Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Caring For Friends


By Philip

I am so happy to have friends. Caring for my friends is accepting them as they are and helping them fare better in life.  I love being able to help. Caring for my friends addressing communication is giving my life an honest purpose. I most desire to make rpm (Rapid Prompting Method) and communication for autistics a priority. I want my nonverbal friends to have a voice to make their thoughts known and have more control in their lives. I have had my life change because of rpm. Meaningful communication came into action. Before I could do rpm, I was stuck in my mind. No one knew how much I knew and how I wanted to reach them to let them know I was with them, participating in their conversations even though I looked not to care.  I am heartfully advocating to give my nonverbal peers a chance to find their voices. Advocating for creating opportunities to make rpm available and accepted at school is important. My school practices rpm a lot. I love it there. Having teachers who understand me makes a purposeful education possible. Peace is achieved when communication is heard. I would like to help my friends escape their silent prisons and enter the world to enjoy it like everyone else. I long for a world in which all people have a voice. I hope to make more friends as I eagerly accept my life's quest.  Friends make life happy and memorable.


Copyright 2015 Philip Reyes.  All rights reserved.

6 comments:

  1. Philip, What you do is so motivating! It's obvious that you are making a huge difference to other people, both verbal and non-verbal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philip, you are an amazing young man. Keep up the good work through advocacy. I've shared your blog with other parents and teachers, hoping to spread your message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you write something about autism and the five temperaments (choleric, melancholic, sanguine, phlegmatic, and supine)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great read, Philip! I'm Taylor's cousin :) I'm always glad to see what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should mention I'm also autistic. I love seeing others' points of view!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are wise beyond your years! You are an inspiration to all people!

    ReplyDelete